Your Guides In Peru
Shawn K. Heflick, MS - President/Tour Coordinator/Guide
- A professional field biologist, he has worked on a variety of biological topics including herpetology, ecology, conservation, botany, mammology, ornithology, ichthyology, physiology, anatomy, morphology, etc. In addition, he is also ...
- Board of Director President for Zoo Peru, A nonprofit conservation organization
that works out of the Amazon Basin.
- Director of Conservation & Education with a 4700-acre nonprofit conservation
entity in Central Florida
- Former American Zoological & Aquarium Association (AZA) Curator in
- Former science teacher/professor for junior high, high school, community
college and university level courses.
Roland Noronha - Interpreter/Liaison/Guide/Teacher
- A native of Peru, Roland has worked with Americans since 1978 and has many professional accomplishments. In this time Roland has worked with Amazon expeditions, conservation agencies, and government officials. He is currently the Education Director for a nonprofit conservation organization in Peru and teaches English, as well as, Spanish to US government employees. Roland also speaks Portuguese, which is why he is our interpreter! Portuguese is spoken in the neighboring country of Brazil and every now and then we run across a group of interesting people we want to communicate with and cannot use our English or Spanish.
David Wong - Peruvian Biologist/Guide
- Also a Peruvian native, Mr. Wong (David) is a biologist with 7 years professional experience, and has studied (and is currently involved in) diverse topics such as ichthyology, herpetology, environmental quality, ecology, and has spent 6 months traveling around the Amazon Basin studying endangered Amazon River Dolphin! David has an immense knowledge of the Amazon ecosystems!